The 2bfree Foundation is committed to restoring life in freedom, where survivors can (re)discover themselves and become who they are.
We do this by providing a shelter for survivors with multi problems. We also offer outpatient help and activities aimed at relaxation, recovery and meeting people. Moreover, we provide training and related activities aimed at personal development and strengthening self-reliance and work.
- shelter (specialised for survivors with multi problems)
- social care with assisted living
- social assistance
- legal assistance (in cooperation with the legal profession)
- material support such as clothing and household goods
- emergency aid in crisis situations
- support during a possible return to the country of origin
- buddy projects with volunteers as buddies
- psychosocial support
- 2bfree Community for regular contacts
- language and literacy classes (in cooperation with various organizations)
- sports activities when there is interest
- fair-trade projects and micro-credits for starting your own business
- vocational training and schooling
- high-tea & more
- clothing market
- prayer and Bible teaching for those who want it
We work on the basis of three core values
Relationships in which everyone can be themselves and learn from each other:
– 2bfree community for regular contacts
– monthly high-tea, with a clothing market and workshop
– buddy projects with volunteers as buddies
– respect for everyone’s personal choices and opinions
Care that matches the women’s personal goals and strengths:
– psychosocial support
– social care with assisted living
– social assistance
– legal aid (in cooperation with the legal profession)
– emergency aid in crisis situations
– material support such as clothing and household goods
Empowerment based on the women’s personal talents and goals:
– language and literacy classes (in cooperation with various organizations)
– sports activities
– fair-trade projects and micro-credits for starting their own businesses
– vocational training and schooling
– Support with a possible return to the country of origin
We work solution-oriented, trauma-sensitive and on the basis of presence.
To be able to help the women (re)discover their own strengths, we work in a solution-focused, trauma-sensitive and presence-based way.
We find it important that the women are helped from a sincere and involved attitude.
The employee of 2bfree:
– Offers a listening ear to the survivor (presence approach).
– Shows genuine interest and involvement to the survivor (presence approach).
– Approaches the survivor equally and with respect (presence approach).
– Seeks and works with the other person to find a solution (solution-oriented).
– Compliments and emphasizes what is going well (solution-oriented).
– Connects with what the survivor asks or wants (solution-oriented).
– Connects with the processing phase the survivor is in (trauma-sensitive).
– Respects the women’s boundaries, including in whether or not to discuss the trauma (trauma-sensitive).